ASM Microbe 2017 (June 1–5, 2017, New Orleans, LA) showcases the best microbial sciences in the world, and provides a one-of-a-kind forum to explore the complete spectrum of microbiology from basic science to translation and application.
A ground-breaking event unlike any other, ASM Microbe 2017 offers unparalleled learning and networking opportunities. No matter your discipline or career level, this meeting is guaranteed to offer you something of interest.
The top five reasons you cannot afford to miss this meeting:
- It is the largest gathering of microbiologists in the world and the premier global event that showcases the best microbial sciences.
- It is the only meeting in the field that offers you the rare opportunity to explore the complete spectrum of microbiology - from basic science to translational and clinical application. By attending this meeting, you can not only get all the great science that the General Meeting and ICAAC offer, but also benefit from the newly-designed trans-disciplinary sessions, a special Profession of Microbiology Track, and more.
- It features substantive, thought-provoking sessions and posters to help you stay abreast of the latest developments and cutting-edge research findings in the field. It also offers opportunities for continuing education.
- It provides career-building networking opportunities to allow you to exchange ideas with your peers across multiple disciplines and expand your professional network.
- It brings together leading product and service providers to offer you the best solutions to tackle your most pressing challenges.
Everything you need is under one roof. Join more than 10,000 of your peers from across the globe at this unprecedented event.
Trying to convince your organization to send you to ASM Microbe 2017? Make your case.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is ASM Microbe 2017 a unique event?
ASM Microbe 2017 is the largest gathering of microbiologists in the world and the only meeting in the field that explores the full scope of microbiology – from basic science to translational and clinical application. By integrating ASM's two most popular events, General Meeting and ICAAC, ASM Microbe 2017 provides unparalleled learning and networking opportunites that you cannot find anywhere else.
How does ASM Microbe 2017 differ from the traditional General Meeting and ICAAC??
ASM Microbe 2017 offers all of the quality programming of the General Meeting and ICAAC, plus more. It covers the same science and topics the traditional General Meeting and ICAAC offered, and also provides targeted trans-disciplinary sessions, a special Profession of Microbiology track, an expanded poster hall, topic-based networking opportunities, track-specific lounges, and a broader range of products and services in the integrated Exhibit and Poster Hall. Everything you need is under one roof!
How are programming and posters organized for ASM Microbe 2017?
All programming and posters for ASM Microbe 2017 are organized under seven tracks:
- Applied and Environmental Science
- Clinical Science and Epidemiology
- Ecological and Evolutionary Science
- Host-Microbe Biology
- Molecular Biology and Physiology
- Profession of Microbiology
- Therapeutics and Prevention
These seven tracks represent a new way of organizing the same science and topics you've always experienced at the General Meeting and ICAAC. The Profession of Microbiology track is a new track which encompasses all non-scientific programming such as funding, career development, and the history of science.
When will the call for sessions open? Can I submit session ideas separately for the General Meeting and ICAAC?
Call for sessions for ASM Microbe 2017 was open from June 20, 2016 to August 10, 2016. It was a single call for sessions that will inform the work of the General Meeting, ICAAC, and Profession of Microbiology program committees.
When will the call for abstracts open? Can I submit abstracts separately for the General Meeting and ICAAC?
Call for abstracts for ASM Microbe 2017 will open November 1, 2016, and close January 9, 2017. Abstract dispositions will be emailed in mid-February 2017. Late-breaker abstract submission will open early-February 2017 and close early-March 2017.
What networking opportunities does ASM Microbe 2017 offer?
This meeting will feature topic-based networking and other social and networking events to enable you to connect with like-minded peers and find your "home" within the larger meeting.
This is a big meeting and seems a little overwhelming for me. How will this meeting, meet MY needs?
ASM Microbe 2017 explores the full spectrum of microbiology and covers a wide range of topics that appeal to anyone involved in the microbial sciences. No matter what your discipline or career level is, this meeting is guaranteed to offer something of interest.
What are the registration fees? Will there be separate fees for the General Meeting and ICAAC?
ASM Microbe 2017 is an integrated meeting with only one registration fee. There will be no separate fees for the General Meeting and ICAAC, and discounted rates are available. For a price comparable to past registration fees, you will now have full access to ASM Microbe. It is an unmatched value you cannot find anywhere else.
What are the important dates I should keep in mind?
- Abstract submission opens: November 1, 2016
- Abstract submission closes: January 9, 2017
- Registration opens to ASM premium members: December 15, 2016
- Registration opens to all: January 5, 2017
- Early bird deadline: April 20, 2017
What are the future meeting dates and locations?
June 7–11, 2018
June 20–24, 2019
San Francisco, Calfornia
June 18–22, 2020
Where can I find materials from ASM Microbe 2016?
If I have additional questions, whom should I contact?
Please send an email to the corresponding email address based on your question type and our staff will be happy to assist you.